Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010 Art




100 T Shirt designs in 2010.

Why 100?

Last year I designed somewhere between 25 to 30 pieces.
Let's say 27 pieces of art.
It doesn't sound like a lot of design time when you figure that's the reason I do what I do.
When you figure set up and production of the shirts that were ordered, repeat orders, working "IN" the business, it doesn't leave a lot of time to be creative.
Creativity, though, is the lifeblood of my business, the killer app for my business (Wild Hare Unlimited).
The thing that causes people to get a warm fuzzy feeling and say "I gotta have that shirt!" is the image on the shirt.
Sometimes I forget that.
I become just another T shirt shop competing on the same level for the same dollar if I lose design focus.
The other shirt guys are in a race to see how cheap and quickly they can turn a buck. Little care is given to good design. I won't be around very long unless I step up the drawing and designing.
Time to get creative.

100 designs will raise the bar.
It's a number that will represent my personal best.
It gives me direction and a nice big target to hit.
That's only 2 per week with 2 weeks off for vacation.
What would happen if I could draw everyday.
What would happen if I focused on my greatest strength?
Who will I become in the process and what will be the result?
I know what 2009 looked like with 27 designs. What will 2010 look like with 100?

No comments:

Post a Comment